Thursday, June 3, 2010

Parm Frites

(who knows what language that is...?!?!)
This is more of an idea than a recipe... but I an still including it. A couple years ago I visited my friend in Chicago and we went to TASTE. It was awesome. One of our favorite little vendors was this italian resturaunt serving parmesan fries... basically just dumped loads of fresh grated parmesan, garlic, and parsley over hot fresh fries... and it was yummy. Also, one of Z's favorite resturaunts always puts grated parmesan on their fries, so I'm getting on the band wagon. These make a great side for Meatball Subs... which is what we had last night for dinner.

Seasoned french fries
Parmesan
Italian parsley, finely chopped
Garlic salt

I purchase the frozen seasoned fries from the grocery store (becuase I am too lazy to make and season my own) and deep fry them (prepare as stated on package). Immediately (while still super hot) sprinkle with just a tiny bit of garlic salt, and grate a generous amount of parmesan cheese over the top, sprinkle with parsely and toss it all together. Enjoy as a side to a good meal, or a stand alone snack! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment